Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I've got whozits and whatzits galore

I've scored some major deals on a lot of pretty things while visiting Goodwill and antique stores the past few weeks. Below are less than half of my treasures, but they're some of my favorites (a lot of the other finds were books and clothes)

While taking these photos this afternoon, I couldn't help but sing some of Part of Your World from Little Mermaid. It's quite fitting, don't you think?



This is by far my favorite piece so far. I fell in love with the pink clouds, the tiny airplane, and especially those choppy waves.

IMG_7269

IMG_7275



I bought five of these bowls and I'm looking forward to enjoying a hot bowl of soup with them soon.

IMG_7353

IMG_7362



A little wooden tray to place loose change, jewelry...whatever :)

IMG_7291



I may have to give this metal candle frame a new color (and a new glass candle holder) but something about it made me happy.

IMG_7341



Just a cool teacup and saucer.

IMG_7344



A magical glass dome for displaying whatever I like.

IMG_7292


An old ashtray I think? Made in Japan and featuring a peacock! I don't smoke, but I thought it was nifty. I may sell it online...still thinking it over.

IMG_7280



Seven little vintage bowls.

IMG_7334



A goldfish trivet that needs a little TLC and possibly a fresh coat of paint.

IMG_7402



Not positive what I will use this for yet, but it was the perfect shade of turquoise.

IMG_7309



And except for the framed print, all of these items were 1.50 or less.

Ahhh, I love bargain shopping :)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I wish I had your luck while thrifting!