Saturday, November 26, 2011

I love our doctors office

Orlando has a great naturopathic doctor that our family has been going to for years. The staff there are wonderful and feel like good friends more than anything (and in fact one of our good friends DOES work there).

This past week both mom and I took turns going to the office to get an IV while the other stayed home with Oliver. It takes several hours but is well worth the time, and it's relaxing to sit back in a cushy recliner with free wifi and a thermos of hot tea and just chill in a room with other patients. As usual, we got on google video chat together to pass the time. During our chat several of the staff stopped by to say hello


This is Sandra, who often answers the office phone when I call and always sends a hug and kiss to Oliver



This is Marion. She sent mom home with balloons for Oliver!


Nurse Amy also popped in to wave hello, but I forgot to get her picture.



And just so you can see how glam I look when getting a treatment - here I am with my peroxide IV and nebulizer treatment to help my stuffy nose.



(Headphones on for netflix. I am working my way through all five seasons of Friday Night Lights.).




P.S. For anyone that isn't familiar with Naturopathic Medicine, here's a excerpt from wikipedia

"Naturopathic Medicine is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism, which posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation. Naturopathic philosophy favors a holistic approach, and, like conventional medicine seeks to find the least invasive measures necessary for symptom improvement or resolution, thus encouraging minimal use of surgery and unnecessary drugs. According to the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges, "Naturopathic medicine is defined by principles rather than by methods or modalities. Above all, it honors the body’s innate wisdom to heal."

For as "woo woo" as it sounds, it's simply a natural approach to healing, as opposed to man-made medicines that cover symptoms rather than heal the root cause of the problem.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I was going to comment on your Audrey Assad post, but couldn't. Anyway I love those pictures that you took of her. I'm doing a website for school, so I had to come up with something interesting that was more than 6 links, so I chose to do a fan website on Audrey Assad. My real website (will only be up for another 2 months probably) is at http://www.mstatewebdev.com/mbuck/assadsite/index.html. It's a work in progress. I have been listening to Assad since I heard her since with Tomlin. I play her in my car and people ask, "Who is that?" and now my kids all sing her songs ;). I'm so not cool enough to attend one of her concerts, but maybe someday. I'm not a stalker. LOL. As for this post, I just did my first gluten free, casein free thanksgiving. I should have not invited the inlaws. It was terrible. The food was AWESOME but they were jerks. Plus its expensive and I feel like my efforts were wasted on them. It's so awesome you eat like that, esp. since you have a baby. I wish I would have started long ago. My son has Sensory Processing Disorder and for years we have struggled with his potty training. He's 5 now and after 2 days of GFCF, he completely stopped wetting the bed. Then the last 2 nights he did it again and i think its because of a hidden source of milk somewhere :P. I wish products would be more authentic and say "We put milk/gluten in our stuff". Now I hope tonight is better. I blog more at my other blog about that: www.michellebuck.com. So glad I found your site :)