Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kids, coffee, and crying

We were able to spend this past weekend surrounded by family and friends. I took a bunch of photos (mainly of the kids), but here are the highlights (mom also posted some other photos from the week on her blog).


IMG_0229

Saturday morning my sister Jessica arrived with her two youngest, Kate and Clay. Her boy is just seven months older than Oliver so I have high hopes of slumber parties camping and bug-catching as they grow up.


IMG_0257

Of course, one of the first things we all did was go to Starbucks.


IMG_0283

Followed by a trip to Target. We ruled the aisles with all of our carts.


IMG_6483

The boys got to know each other a little better.


IMG_6510

Then Oliver bumped into Clay, so Clay burst into tears, which made Oliver cry, which turned into a baby meltdown.

IMG_6501


IMG_6533

My aunt Melissa came over with her boys, Sam and Gator, so the kids ran wild in the backyard and tumbled backwards down the slide.


IMG_0307

The kids shared a bath that evening. It was adorable.


IMG_0355

Mom (the coolest grandmother ever), created an amazing tent for Kate to sleep in, complete with pink sheets, tulle, and twinkle lights.


IMG_0400

We watched Christmas movies and Jessica and I colored Rudolph pictures together.


IMG_0413

Jessica showing off her Hermey (that sounds plain weird)


IMG_0433

Monday morning we went to brunch around the corner at Renee's. She bought me some special gluten free waffles (Natures Path, Buckwheat Wildberry) I had never tried before and they were delicious! I still can't believe I've known her since I was four.


IMG_0454

While there I got to watch Olivia illustrate her children's counting book.


IMG_0446

Her drawings are adorable!


And that pretty much sums up our weekend :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What great photos, it was a fun time!