Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All is well


(image from erinjaneshop.etsy.com)


Monday was a particularly difficult day dealing with the four-year anniversary of my friend Ellie's death, coming to grips with my friend Vicki battling cancer, and dealing with a very needless and hurtful situation with a certain individual. Most of the emotions hit first thing in the morning and I went to scripture for comfort. I went to read Our Daily Bread, and it was perfectly applicable for the day, as it so often tends to be.

It pointed to Psalm 46


God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

The LORD Almighty is with us



The more hardships in life, the more I realize how desperate I am for God's help to cope. And the more I realize how much I need that help, the more I no longer care about opinions and mockery from others. There is a shining truth in this world named Jesus Christ, and he fills me an unbelievable hope that I want to grasp hold of as hard as I can. The love and peace He brings into my life makes the ugliness and sadness of this world slowly fade away like nothing else ever could. When focusing on him, everything else falls into perspective.


All is well, all is well;
Lift up your voice and sing.
Born is now Emmanuel,
Born is our Lord and Savior.
Sing Alleluia, sing Alleluia, all is well

3 comments:

Joy said...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of His glory and grace.

I'm glad you are finding strength in Him.

CinderCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindi said...

"The more hardships in life, the more I realize how desperate I am for God's help to cope. And the more I realize how much I need that help, the more I no longer care about opinions and mockery from others. There is a shining truth in this world named Jesus Christ, and he fills me an unbelievable hope that I want to grasp hold of as hard as I can. The love and peace He brings into my life makes the ugliness and sadness of this world slowly fade away like nothing else ever could. When focusing on him, everything else falls into perspective."

Very wise words...and, perhaps, the most beautiful words you have ever written.


"There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God."--Brother Lawrence