Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Art on Tap

This past weekend I went with my mom to Winter Park Village to visit a sidewalk art event calle Art on Tap. One of my very favorite Florida artists, Dawn Schreiner, was showing some of her work and it was such a treat to get to talk with her some more and see her paintings in person.



I love the color and use of thread in this piece. I am itching to experiment with embroidery in some acrylic paintings.

IMG_0690
Ingrid Bergman as Sister Benedict from The Bells of St. Mary's


IMG_0704
Julie Andrews as Maria from The Sound of Music


IMG_0691
My beloved Harry! This is the original that my print was made from :)


IMG_0686


IMG_0684


IMG_0687


IMG_0702
Two of my all time favorite people - Mr. Rogers and the phenomenal Tina Fey


IMG_0683


IMG_0695
The lovely and sweet artist, Dawn

IMG_0694



Sonya Marshall-Bone is a jewelry maker/graphic designer that had a booth at the event. My favorite item was this all sterling, hand etched closed locket with apatite, chalcedony, and alexandrite.


If I had a spare $550, this necklace would have been mine.


Wendy McManus was another jewelry artist there and had a necklace and pair of earrings I would wear in a heartbeat.

IMG_0708

IMG_0706


Her husband, Jim McManus, had some totally rad 3D photography that you had to wear 3d glasses to fully appreciate. I fell in love with a mounted black and white antique photo of a ship at dock with a suited man surrounded by luggage. It was beautiful.

There isn't a picture of it online, so I'll post an image he has from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter instead :)

2 comments:

Dawn Schreiner said...

You are such a wonderful, fabulous girl. Thank you so much!! I'm going to share this!

Wendy McManus said...

I'm so thrilled to see examples of the Art On Tap artwork here on your blog. It was a pleasure talking with you and I hope our paths cross again.
~Wendy McManus