Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Food, friends, cupcakes

Sorry, no time for blogging lately. Our big move is happening this weekend so it's busy busy busy here.

I just want to say three things.


1. Broccoli salad is good. More people should make it.


2-3 stalks of broccoli with bite-size cut florets 
1/2 C dried cranberries
1/4 C chopped onion
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 C slivered almonds
1/2 C grapeseed veganaise (or mayonaise of choice)
1/4 C honey
1 TBS distilled white vinegar

Combine the broccoli, cranberries, onions, bacon and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the veganaise, honey, and vinegar. Pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.



2. Thank you to friends that have been blessing us with help and food. The lovely and generous Nix family packed with us then had us over for a fantastic meal.










3. Thank you also to my dear friend Shirlee, who made a much needed sleepover visit yesterday. Everyone should have a friend that dismisses long drives across the state just to help box up dishes, stay up late watching Harry Potter, and nerd talk about details of Star Trek: TNG, like Data's synaptic responses and polypeptide cake. All while feasting on cupcakes and pizza and taking goofy photobooth pictures. Seriously. Everyone needs that friend.














3 comments:

Samantha said...

Broccoli salad sounds delicious!

and I agree, everyone needs a sleepover friend! I just wish I had one close by. :)

Joy said...

Mmmm! I'm loving broccoli salad these days too! I like the idea of dried cranberries. Also, red/orange/yellow peppers (or all of the above) are a fabulous addition, for flavor AND looks...because really, the better it looks the better it tastes:)

Mrs. Cheerio said...

Um, right about now NOTHING sounds or tastes good to me, but I think I need some broccoli salad!!!

Everyone needs a pal like that- glad yours was able to help!!!