Saturday, April 28, 2012

The night is a good time to be busy.

The other day I had an idea for a photograph. I wanted to go outside in the yard and gather a selection of leaves, rocks, and other items of nature that come from where I live, and display them in a pleasing arrangement.

I didn't get to it until today, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. 



I'm going to make more very soon and turn it into a photo series. I may have to start carrying plastic baggies so I can collect specimens for future photographs whenever I'm out :)


Tonight I’m in the middle of a Weeping Angel sketch for some future Doctor Who prints.


Once my little boy goes to bed, I pull out my sketchbook, make some tea, maybe put on an episode of Bones, and I go between sketching and flipping through the stack of library books next to me.


This is my favorite spot to be in at night.

3 comments:

Mrs. Cheerio said...

I saw the leaf gatherings on your mom's blog the other day, but never would have imagined they'd look so cool! Nice work!

Samantha said...

I love the way the nature arrangement turned out. My son loves to collect nature things, you should have Oliver collect and make his own arrangement!

and Bones is my favorite ever. :D

Vickie said...

I like the photo and your drawing has been inspiring me!