Sunday, April 22, 2012

Robots, fringe, and peacocks

Just three things that made me happy this week.

1. This new tshirt that I had to buy for Oliver. Robots rule.




2.  My brand new scarf (I'm getting quite a collection!). I fell in love with it instantly.
 It even has little purple pom-pom fringe!



3.  My new sketch with sloppy pointillism. But it was fun to do, as always.


If you want to better understand why something just a few inches in height and width takes about two hours to make, click here to view a larger version.



6 comments:

Jessica said...

And, that's why I've never had patience for art (that & the fact that I'm just not very talented at it!)

Samantha said...

That is one of my son's favorite shirts! He even wears it under other shirts so he doesn't have to take it off. :)

Mrs. Cheerio said...

I live your new scarf! It's beautiful.

So...are all these new sketches for a new project?! If so, I can't wait to see what you're up to. If not, they're all still super cool.

Mrs. Cheerio said...

*love.

Megan Lee said...

The sketches aren't for a specific project, I'm just trying to get into the habit of making something everyday and using pen and paper more often. My main goal is just to fill this entire sketchbook with drawings :)

Mrs. Cheerio said...

Gotcha. :)

Joel and I were just saying yesterday how your sketches look like vintage encyclopedia or reference photos... Very cool and also crazy good. You are a very talented artist.

I have to tell you, your comments always make me want to cry- they are so sweet and often come right at times when I feel so badly about myself. Thank you for being so kind.

I'm so glad I "met" you through Matt. I am so encouraged and inspired by you and your gentleness/thoughtfulness.