Sunday, June 10, 2012

Breakfast Extravaganza

Last week I woke up craving a big greasy diner breakfast, but I really wasn't in the mood to cook at all. And considering I don't really enjoy eating alone, I drove to my sisters house first thing in the morning (judging from the pictures, I think I rushed so much I may have forgotten to brush my hair) and kidnapped my niece, Addison, for a breakfast date at the Waffle House.

Poor little Kate was so sad (oh how I remember that horrible feeling of being the younger sister always left behind), but I promised her a special date this coming week. They can sometimes get to be a handful for me when they go out together, so it was a one-on-one kind of day. I do love spending time with them both, but Addison is just at a more fun age (for me) because she's like a miniature adult, and she loves to learn about astronomy and french, so we make good pals.


Once there, our order took awhile to cook, so we made faces.








I ordered a huge amount of food for us to share (yet under $10!) and took the leftovers to Jess.
Ok, confession. All I had left was half a waffle.





Miss Addison and her chocolate chip waffle.



My happy little buddy.


And despite the fact I always think I sound incredibly weird in videos, here is a clip, which I think reveals that I was actually more excited about all this food than Addison was.







P.S. I found Batman watching over the Publix shoppers.








1 comment:

Samantha said...

These pictures are great! I LOVE Waffle House! Now I may need to take my kids for a breakfast date. :)