Sunday, July 15, 2012

The days and nights

Yikes. Already two weeks since my last update.

Well, no huge news, just life.

I have been completely consumed with going through 170+ individual listing in my Etsy shop and rewriting titles and descriptions, along with totally retagging with new keywords, plus making new pictures and shipping profiles. I feel like I'm moving at a snails pace and getting only 5-10 done in one afternoon. Thankfully, I'm already seeing a jump in views/favorites, so it's nice to see all this tedious work paying off.

Recently I've also been overwhelmed with the amount of things I want to learn. I always check out too many books at once from the library, renew them at least three times, finish only one or two of them, and them simply skim the others the day before they're due. (I've been making the habit of reading every night before bed, but I bought a used copy of The Passage by Justin Cronin last week and have been reading that instead so my library books are really being neglected now.)


When it starts getting late and my eyes can't take reading anymore, I go to Netflix to watch an episode of 30 Rock or something light-hearted (because I actually made myself watch two episodes of the Walking Dead and freaked out. I probably won't be able to watch anything non-funny for at least three weeks. Great acting, zombie makeup, etc, but I am a scaredy cat with an active imagination as it is, so I don't need further nightmare-causing stimuli). However, before I get to Netflix,  I usually run across various scientific articles online then end up studying something like old earth creation vs theistic evolution for two hours and find MORE books to check out at the library (though 80% of the time, the little library here doesn't have it, while my old Orange County library is overflowing with copies). By the time I get to Netflix I'm so tired I fall asleep in the first five minutes of the show.

And now that it's after 11pm I should get to reading so this vicious cycle can continue.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

So I hope you don't think this is cheesy, but I am giving you a blog award! http://heartshapedleaves.blogspot.com/2012/08/leibster-blog-award.html